Friday, April 11, 2008

"i can't imagine why anybody would want to stop crying"

www.theonion.com

oh man, i love the onion. and i love it even more now that it's glaringly obvious someone who works there has a small child.

this fabulous op/ed, entitled "i can't imagine why anybody would want to stop crying," ostensibly written by a two-month-old, had me from the opening:
"Life has so many wonderful experiences to offer. Like sleep. But I find life offers few opportunities more rewarding than screaming like a maniac until your voice cracks with the strain, so that the entire universe can share in your distress. That's what life is all about, right?"
having a rough day? not sleeping? baby screaming? this one's for you. enjoy.

*special thanks to cole's uncle mike for the link

2 comments:

Popnfresh said...

found it while searching for this commentary ghost-written by my dog Scooby:

Popnfresh said...

whoah,there! look what just linked in! ...and down the rabbit hole we go....

"I used my tender age as an excuse to live with abandon, jumping on anyone, nipping wantonly, licking those who did not want to be licked. I arrogantly believed I had no need to learn the word 'down.'" - Tuffy
Excerpted From The Confessions Of St. Tuffy